The quest for how to wear Gujarati style Saree, now, meets its answer in this video. The Gujarati style Saree draping is a very traditional and elegant way of draping a Saree. With this style, you get to show off the intricately bordered pallus in full. Well suited for any occasion, be it for casual wear or on special occasions, the Gujarati style Saree wearing adds a touch of Western India to your style.
The main composition for a Gujarati style Saree draping comes with:An Embellished Saree | Hued glass bangles | A pair of footwear | Jewelry in gold |
Few safety pins
How to Drape Gujarati Style Saree
1. Tuck the Saree in the inskirt starting from the right to the left and bring it around to the front.
2. Now, let's make the pleats & tuck it neatly with the pleats facing right side.
3. Hold the pallu end and make pallu pleats.
4. Then, take the pallu around from the back over to the right shoulder and pin it up neatly leaving pleats
hanging in the front.
5. Pin the hanging pleats on the left side of your waist.
1. Wear a matching inskirt.
2. You can also arrange pallu beforehand and pin it to hold it in place, even when you store the Saree.
3. Settle in your footwear beforehand to get the right length of Saree at the foot.
4. Keep safety pins handy for easy tucks & pin-ups.
5. Be ready with basic make-up, to save on time.
6. Keep traditional Jewelry as accessories.
The traditional Gujarati Sarees, are called Bandhej/Bandhani/Leheriya, made by a technique of Tie & Dye. This produces distinctive patterns making each piece unique. They are made mainly of Silk, Satin, Cotton & Georgette.These Sarees are best suited for Indian Festivals.